Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DELTA blues...

So here I am with my DELTA blues... only 6 or so weeks to go and I have a block that I can't seem to shake off. I need to write around 22,500 words in 12 days and I can't find the motivation I need to get on with it. Timing is very important in module 2 due to the fact that we have to teach two observed lessons before we can write the second part of our R & A assignment (Reflection & Action) so even though that feels like an easier job to be getting on with, I can't as I haven't been observed for the second time :( Despite promising myself that I will get work done, I get home and feel shattered. A slightly comforting thought however, is that I know I am not the only one. I talk to friends from the same group and they are suffering from the blues, too. It must be a mid-DELTA life crisis! Module two keeps you on your toes and makes you question each move you make and every word that you write. I looked at my feedback for my previous background assignment and decided to pinpoint all my weaknesses so I wouldn't make the same mistakes in this assignment. So, I do have an action plan. I know what I need to change which is a positive thing although not having the motivation, nope wrong word, the energy to write it up is the problem. I want to pass this so bad and want to be a better teacher. Advice for module two students; don't stress out about it. I stressed myself out for two days and felt sick to the stomach and so naturally couldn't face up to what I need to know and the second piece of advice would be to keep a blog, I feel like I might be able to close this blog and start correcting my assignment :) So, why am I here writing about doing something instead of just getting on and doing it? Good question! Answers on a postcard please!

No comments: