Friday, September 19, 2008

ah..paper, paper, paper...

Paper..we go on and on about recycling yet all the paperwork that teachers do is incredible!
I seem to be swamped by paper at the moment and there's no end in sight!
Why do we do so much paperwork anyway?

I think we'd all be better off focusing on the paper we use for the children in the lessons than all the writing we do for OFSTED!

I can understand some of the things but in this day of age...it's a bit too much paper for my own liking! I do believe in recycling and the school I work at does a lot of recycling, however depite many attempts to cut down it seems imnpossible.

In the age of technology, we as teachers. can`t get away from printing out things. For some reason, printing things makes them real and lets us know that we have done what is expected of us.

So why do we use so much paper? PLans, worksheets, assessments, books the children use, passing on information to other colleagues and managment, note taking, observations...the list is endless.

But we need to make sure the paper we do use is recycled and that we dont use paper we DONT need to use!

The End

No comments: